Friday, December 16, 2011

10 Days

Well, here it is, 10 days before Christmas and I've decided to see if I can coax a few indoor bulbs for the occasion. Whether they bloom or not in time for the great day is unimportant to me, it's the sight of green growth that matters most now, when nights are lengthening and winter is surely taking hold. 
I must add that the weather in our area has been unseasonably warm this year.  The ground is bare and we still have edible kale in the garden. We harvested the last of our carrots only days ago, they are so sweet and beautifully orange. 
So, today I hope to step out into our woods to gather some balsam and cedar greens for the house, maybe even some red berries if I'm lucky enough to find some. The tree is up, not the fullest tree we've had over the years but not bad for a wild tree from the back woodlot. It's going to be just fine.  

Santa's workshop will be a busy place over the next few days, I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment