Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today...organizing

To be honest, organizing the stuff and nonsense of my life has never been my first priority. Oh, I can totally appreciate a beautiful and well managed home, the kind of household where you can drop in at any time, unannounced mind you, and find the dishes washed, the floors swept, not a dusty, cluttered surface in sight and homemade cookies in the jar.  I'm not saying that this never happens at my house, though it is unlikely that it will happen all at the same time.
 Maybe I shouldn't admit my tendency to be a somewhat relaxed homemaker publicly, but it is the truth. I hope that I make up for it by keeping a large garden, cooking from scratch, trying to do a drawing a day, and always being up for an interesting distraction.


The 30 Day Vegan workshop that I was lucky enough to be a part of this month just ended yesterday.  It was a fantastic month filled with great vegan recipes, suggestions for healthier living and the importance of taking the time to rest and restore when you need it. I didn't know if living without dairy, eggs and meat/fish would be something I'd feel comfortable with for long, but the 30 days have come and gone and I'm still wanting more. I haven't had a single craving for anything but the fresh and life giving foods that I've been enjoying during this past month.

Tomatoes, dilly beans and sweet pickles I canned last summer. I still have to fill up those large jars with my newly purchased whole grains. Let's pretend that you didn't see that large jar of white sugar, ok?

Oddly enough, (or not) one of the side effects of my experiment with veganism has been the desire to organize my home. I'm suddenly looking at the clutter in my life in a new way, a way that spells trouble for any clutter I happen to see...  So far I've cleaned and reorganized the refrigerator, the bathroom, the pantry, and made several trips to Good Will to drop things off. It's a happy side-effect methinks!




Thanks for visiting!



                                                                                                                                                         



No comments:

Post a Comment