Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Farmer's Market Day


When I was on a family vacation in Palm Beach recently I visited the local farmer's market on a Saturday morning, before the sun got too hot.
In my experience every market has similarities but also its own unique characteristics, depending on season and location. This market had a lovely mix of fresh produce, home-made pasta, flowers, houseplants, delicious hot food and live entertainment. Add the fact that it happened to be St. Patrick's Day as well and it was even more fun!




At this booth you could buy fresh coconut milk right in the coconut! The seller used a large machete to prepare your coconut ... pretty impressive!



Beautiful tropical plants, would love to have taken a few of these home on the plane with me... 




I bought some fresh Asian greens from this grower. We stir-fried them for dinner during the week, delicious!








I couldn't resist asking if I could take this guy's picture, so good looking in his St. Paddy's Day hat!
Kind of wish that I could do a tour of farmer's markets all over this country and other far off places. I don't think I would ever tire of the variety and general good feeling I come away with after a day at the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment